Sunday 7 September 2008

Nigella's Pork with Cider and Cream




This is my attempt! The mustard I used was a little out of date and i think that made it stronger(?) or maybe i put too much in! I love this way with pork though as the sauce makes boring vegetables taste lovely. I am not a fan on gnocci every time i try it, its stodgy and tough so i just made baked potatoe and used up all the veg i had left. Perhaps Nigella flys to italy for her gnocci or shops at Harrods?! :-) I used pork fron tesco (tut tut as shoud have gone to the butchers), cider was tesco finest single varietal (V nice on its own:-P) and co-op Truely Irresistable wholegrain mustard with real ale. Oh actually maybe the real ale mustard made it a bit strong only just realised it had ale in it. Next time will def try it Croshaw Cream Cheese style

2 comments:

Revista Calma ¡Participa! said...

Uhmmmm! it smell very good

Amy J said...

You pork looks nicer than what I used. I like it thinner like that, but gave up on the bashing. You also used nicer cider, the ale mustard sounds good! Mine could have been stronger, but I probably should have added more cider/mustard since the cream probably dulled it down a bit? Smart not to use gnocchi, my stomach felt like a lead balloon!